Saturday, November 5, 2011

Day 10--Product Review

So I have been away for a few days, but that's because I have been busy....which is a very good thing!
But now I am back with another product....

Today's Product is: Ampro Pro Styl(Protein Styling Gel)

I know that some naturals do not not like gel and some of them will only use Eco Styler.  I am personally not a fan of Eco Styler but I do like gel for some natural hair styles.  Before my hair was loc'ed...I really liked using gel for my twist because of the kinkiness of my hair. 
The ingredients are not natural but it does claim to Alcohol free. I think that the "alcohol free" is something that all gels are claiming right now because of the natural hair community and people becoming more conscience about what they are putting in and on their bodies. But for the most part the all gels have to have some kind alcohol to add hold to your hair when applied. So none of them are really truly alcohol free.

For the most part I think this a good product if used properly. If you use Ampro Gel on dry hair more then likely you will not like the results, because this gel is thicker it has the tendency to flake and cause build-up.  Most gels including this one should be used on wet natural hair.

Gel can be used for slicking back edges, smoothing twist, holding coils, and retwisting locs....
I personally like the dark gels unless the hair is blonde or gray because brown gel discolors and can sometimes stains these hair colors.

Overall I think it is a good product...the price is reasonable ranging from $0.89-$5.99.....

No comments:

Post a Comment